You may disregard it, but the nature of our fathers great, rubs on us. It’s not a premonition or some work of magic that it is so. As fathers, if you want a better generation after us, we NEED to work on you first.
1. UNGODLY THAT LEADS TO DESTRUCTION
– Where only you are the head of the house.
– Only you make decisions. Your will is supreme.
– Everyone does as you say.
– A son is never released into manhood and never gets to experience choice. He lives a life of frustration.
Result? Illegitimate / Bastard.
- UNGODLY THAT LEADS TO DESTRUCTION
– Where you make sure that only you produce.
– You choose a vision to build an empire instead of an inheritance.
– Son has possessions, clothes, etc. but lives a rejected life.
– Challenges are not presented for learning.
– Father’s records/achievements are always the best.
– Never good enough.
Result? Castrated / Eunuch.
3. GOD’S ORDER
A)Father to Son
Abraham -> Isaac -> Jacob -> 12 tribes (from here we have the tribe of Levi which produced priests, and the tribe of Judah which gave kings among other examples).
Heb 5:4-5 And no one takes this honour on himself, but he receives it when called by God, just as Aaron was. In the same way, Christ did not take on himself the glory of becoming a high priest. But God said to him, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father.”
Connection in Ministry is always spiritual, for example:
– Moses to Joshua (Deut 34:9)
– Samuel to Saul (I Sam 10:12)
– Samuel to David (I Sam 16:13)
– Elijah to Elisha (II Kings 2:12)
– Paul to Titus (Titus 1:4)
We look more at God’s order in the next post.
Credits – Amanda Buys.
Image source – frostillustrated.com